Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Quick Post-Weekend Update

Summer is definitely wrapping up fairly well for me. Granted, I wish I had some full-time, well-paying employment to look forward to, but at least I have some spare time to take care of the nice things in life, one of them being scale model building and 40k.

I've been making some small gains in my work:
Finally settled on a Troops scheme!
I ended up going full District 9 on the way I wanted my generic troops to look. I wanted something fairly easy to replicate, but something more exciting than "make the fatigues this color, make the armor that color, done" method most IG players go. I'm sure I'll drive myself insane with the sheer amount of guardsmen I have left to paint, but I'm having fun for now. I'll leave the loss of sanity for a better time.

Something awesome this way comes...
 I ended up finding some mystery bits I got from a random trade I did up in the capital region last summer. I figured it'd be nice if I could do something different to help distinguish my veteran units from the rank and file of my other troops. With stealth being the primary focus, I'll keep my color palette to a minimum and kit these guys out with lots of extras. It'll be awesome.

Just a little sneak peek
This...well... I honestly don't know what I'm really doing with this piece here. It's a looted tank I got from someone on eBay a few years back, as I was insane back in those days (no surprise there) and wanted to make a secondary Blood Axe army to screw around with. Now that my wallet is running dry, I figured I'd do the right thing and reclaim this tank back into the Imperium.

The reason why there's an Ork head in my hand is because it was glued into the driver's porthole. I managed to finally pop him out using a sculpting tool. I figure it'll make a nice kill trophy. I've got my work cut out for me with this piece though. The entire rear engine block is cut off and will need extensive surgery to look good again. Thank god I have some extra plasticard and milliput to help out with making this tank worthy of my forces.

Anyway, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have some more progress to show you guys in the near future, especially involving some Grey Knights and a few tanks that I'll try and crank out. We'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment