Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Much-Needed Update

In between job hunting, organization and a few other distractions *cough*TeamFortress2andSleepingDogs*cough* I am finally getting back to work on my 40k stuff. I ended up seeing this tutorial some time ago, and figured I should probably finally paint the random Grey Knight miniature I got some time ago at one of the many random trades I get myself involved with. Here's the fruits of my labor:

Front on shot, sorry for the bad quality on the shot. I need to get my DSLR fixed...
 A bit of a more distant, better shot. I had to deviate from the tutorial a bit.
Side-on shot. Not too bad, if I may say so myself.
Either way, it's always a good motivator when you get a paint job done right the first time like this. It's definitely a motivator with the new projects I have planned for getting geared up for 6th edition.

I completely forget where I saw this tutorial, but I ended up making some custom bases for the small box set of Grey Knights I got a while ago.


Hard to believe, but the only things I used to spruce these babies up were scrap pieces from a Tony's frozen pizza, some leftover granny grating bits, a few cotton swab sticks and a straw from a Capri Sun. Not bad for scrap, right?

I was happy to get my hands on some Cadians through an awesome trade I did through my FLGS. I am horrible when it comes to choosing a paint scheme for my army. Going with the whole rag-tag mercenary theme, I ended up using design aspects from District 9 and Total Recall.

This was the primary inspiration here.
...and after seeing these guys last month on the silver screen last month, it stuck.
A nice WIP shot of a few of them. These are only 4 of a few squads.
I ended up using some of Tamiya's primer to get these guys started. It was my first time using it, and it was very...interesting to say the least. I definitely sprayed a bit too much, but it wasn't anything that ruins the models. They're only a few of my Troops choices. I can't wait to get these guys wrapped up. I just need to figure out what color the fatigues should be.

So yeah, I hope to have a few more updates coming in the near future. My workbench is crowded up with lots of stuff to take care of, and I couldn't be any happier about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment