Wednesday, September 5, 2012

*Insert Random Side-Project Here*

After a long day, I still managed to get some hobby work done today. It wasn't much (especially for post # 50!), but I'm pretty happy with it. I apologize for the poor quality of the photos in this entry. Granted, they weren't anything special before, but I know these ones were taken with little to no backlight on my netbook. I'm hoping to get a photo box together soon. 
Finally getting to use the "cutter squad"
I didn't manage to get any beginning WIP shots, but I ended up finding some old salvage parts from a broken pool skimmer lid I found when I worked cleaning pools for the summer.
I'm pretty sure I was as safe as possible when cutting this resin piece...
What was I doing this for? Not terrain...at least, not yet for something like this.
Step 1: Size it up!

Step 2: Get it ready!
If you haven't noticed yet, I love doing base treatments, especially for something as large as the Dreadnought from the old Assault on Black Reach set. Speaking of which...
I do happen to have the rest of the gang waiting!
My plan is to throw these guys into a secondary list as the standard Spess Mehrehns/IG list. As for what chapter I want to do, I'll leave that for another time...

I was going to work on another command squad from a Cadian CS box set I got a few years back, but I seem to have lost track of where said box set went.
I'm sure it'll turn up sometime soon.

Anyway, tomorrow is Warhammer day at the FLGS, so I'll probably have another entry ready after tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to *gasp* actually play a match! We'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment